Stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce
Prep: 20 mins - 25 mins Plus 20 minutes to marinate
Servings Serves 2
Kcalories 390 Protein 33g
Carbs 20g Fat 9g
Saturates 4g Fibre 6g
Sugar 8g Salt 2.41g
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp sesame oil
1 fat garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger (or fresh ginger paste in a jar)
200g lean sirloin steaks, thinly sliced across the grain
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 large carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
100g mangetout, halved
140g mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
Chinese noodles, to serve
1. Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a shallow bowl. Add the steak and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes (or longer).
2. Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the sesame seeds and toast over a high heat, stirring, for a few minutes until golden. Tip on to a plate.
3. When ready to cook, heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan or wok until hot. Add the steak with the marinade and stir fry for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until lightly browned. Remove, using a slotted spoon, on to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
4. Toss the carrots in the pan and stir fry for a few minutes, then add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Return the steak to the pan, add the mushrooms and toss everything together. Add the hoisin sauce and stir fry for a final minute. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.